To be eligible to play, rising 7th and 8th grade students are required to read 3 or more of the books on this Summer Reading Bowl List.
- Un Lun Dun by China Mieville
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- Selected Works of T. S. Spivet by Reif Larsen
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealor
- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
Students should read a minimum of 6 books overall to fulfill the summer reading requirement. A guide to great summer reading choices is the Paideia Library's Junior High Summer Reading List (link downloads the list as a .pdf file) which includes hundreds of annotated book descriptions, and hundreds more books listed by title.
You can click here or here for links to all three of the Paideia Library reading lists.